Cannondale is one of the top bike manufacturers in the world, and their flagship Cannondale SuperSix EVO provides everything you except from a world-class racing bike.
Cannondale SuperSix EVO
Cannondale SuperSix EVO review
The SuperSix EVO is Cannondale's flagship all-round race bike, and the bike of choice for Lawson Craddock at the EF Education First Drapec Team. The Tour bike is a top of the line machine is a Dura-Ace gem which not all of us can fit in our life, but this $2000 105 model is a true carbon race bike well within reach.
The Drapec team bike is one you can get yourself. The availability of true pro race bikes to the general public was pioneered by Trek during the USPS/Discovery run of Tour victories.
The Pro Tour version Lawson Craddock rides:
Disc brake model: SuperSix EVO Disc
Aero model: N/A
Endurance model: Synapse
Time trial model: Slice
Groupset: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 (with FSA chainset)
Finishing Kit: Fizik, FSA, Garmin, CeramicSpeed, Tacx
Visit us to test ride a bike in this line. Meanwhile, for the regular people, we have a fully capable, race-ready human version.
It shares many of the highlights of its Dura-Ace HiMod big brother, like bottom bracket, fork components, Mavic hubs, and BallisTec carbon. The 11 speed Shimano 105 group is a decades proven workhorse drivetrain. You get a true race bike for just $1999.99! Come in and ride one.
A closer look at the Cannondale SuperSix EVO
As Cannondale’s flagship bike, SuperSix EVO is a high performance pro touring bike with superior features not often found on similarly priced touring models. Expect a stiff lightweight ride and classic design - if you prefer modern modern aesthetics, check out the Pinarello Dogma F10 instead.
The SuperSix EVO has three standout features:
- High quality carbon frameset with round tubes creating a classic old school design, with reduced frontal areas to save weight and increase speed.
Speed Save Micro-Suspension greatly helps in acceleration and controlling traction, thus providing great efficiency for the SuperSix EVO rider.
- Shimano 105 groupsets: a recognized powerhouse in the cycling industry, these components maximize pedalling power for optimal performance and speed.
Remember that the SuperSix EVO has several variants, each having unique features. Three examples:
- SuperSix EVO Hi-Mod: this top-end variant uses Ballistec Hi-Mod carbon, which fuses high and ultra-high modulus fibres for optimal stiffness and reduced weight
- SuperSix EVO Hi-Mod Shimano Dura Ace Di2: same frameset as the Hi-Mod, plus Shimano Dura Ace Di2 components and Fulcrum Racing Quattro Carbon wheels
- SuperSix EVO Hi-Mod Shimano Ultegra Di2: same frameset as the Hi-Mod, plus Shimano Ultegra Di2 components and Cannondale HollowGram Carbon wheels
Interested in any of the SuperSix EVO variants? Reach out to us for more details, or visit our shop so we can assist you.
What we love about the Cannondale SuperSix EVO
The Cannondale SuperSix EVO is a reliable touring bike. Our favorite aspects:
- Versatility: the SuperSix EVO is a great choice for a wide array of terrains, although it obviously performs best on a plain road.
- Lightweight: the lighter weight makes this a super speedy bike with precise controls and impressive handling.
- Super-stiff: if you are looking for a casual cruising bike, the super-stiff frame might be off-putting. However on longer rides, the stiffness provides extremely precise control that will let you accelerate in eye-popping bursts, even when powering up hills!
The Cannondale the SuperSix EVO is a stellar lightweight road bike with optimal stiffness and solid aerodynamics, with the classic simplicity of rim brakes (easy to maintain).
To take the Cannondale SuperSix EVO for a test ride, simply visit our Austin or Fort Worth shops: our expert staff will walk you through the options and help you make the best buying decision for your needs.